1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

1st gen pics anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mopowa
here is an updated picture of my ole girl!

yeah buddy!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MoPowa
Here is an updated picture of my ole girl!

you're truck would be so perfect with a couple more inches of lift in the rear and leveling out the front to match the rear.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:55 PM

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
I think it looks great the way it is. + you've already done a nice fender shave to clear the rubber. Well done. I have 37"s on stock suspension height with the '72 as well. It drives great on the highway and does great off road for what it is.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PapeCAT
I think it looks great the way it is. + you've already done a nice fender shave to clear the rubber. Well done. I have 37"s on stock suspension height with the '72 as well. It drives great on the highway and does great off road for what it is.
yeah I think it looks unreal as-is too. I'm just a fan of trucks being level. I don't like a 4x4 as much if the front sits a couple inches lower than the rear.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM

Received 89 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by penguinman
Lookin good Mopowa! Let's see a pic of that stack. I love the detailing. Good work.
Thanks Penguinman! No stack yet, will have to wait tell this summer when the twins find their way under the hood....I hate doing things twice, so I'd rather wait tell I have the bottom turbo mounted, than I run exhaust for the stack.

Originally Posted by KD93
Boy Scott, you sure did a FANTASTIC job on your truck! That looks great dude, really nice. I love the way the grill turned out painted black like that. Makes the front end catch your attention but takes a while to figure out why. Subversive, that's the word I was looking for. And mildly sinister. Yeah!!!
Appreciate the enthusiasm Keran! Haha, mildly sinister... I like that! Still a little bit of work in detailing to get it a little more sinister as well. Once the weather permits I will be going over the truck with some reduced bedliner like I used for the grill to do a few more sections of the truck. Like around the taillights and the section underneath the door handles. Still have to get around to smoking my taillights and front turn signals and get some tint on my windows. That should complete the "very" sinister looks!

Originally Posted by Rick 12v CTD
you're truck would be so perfect with a couple more inches of lift in the rear and leveling out the front to match the rear.
Well I wont be lifting the rear any, but I will definitely be leveling the front of the truck. Can't say I really like the raked forward look of the truck right now either, and down the road there will be helper bags in the rear to keep it level when I throw a trailer on, so I'm not worried about that.

Originally Posted by PapeCAT
Cheers! Do you have any pictures of your 72 PapeCAT? Highway driving is a little sketchy at the moment for me with these 37's. Mostly because the steering box mount is now cracked because of the weight of the tires, I have to brace the frame and do crossover steering very soon. Nobody gets to drive my truck as a result!! Which is probably better off anyways
Old 12-14-2010, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powder River Pass, 9666 feet.

Name:  1214001213.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  79.4 KB

I sold my winter beater today. Hopefully I have a bead on a better one, for about the same price.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Appreciate the enthusiasm Keran! Haha, mildly sinister... I like that! Still a little bit of work in detailing to get it a little more sinister as well. Once the weather permits I will be going over the truck with some reduced bedliner like I used for the grill to do a few more sections of the truck. Like around the taillights and the section underneath the door handles. Still have to get around to smoking my taillights and front turn signals and get some tint on my windows. That should complete the "very" sinister looks!
Yeah, tint those windows and your truck is going to look downright evil!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 AM

Maybe wash it and take off those goofy steering stabilizers, too.

Oh dang...he said it!

I keed, I keed!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by The_Head
Powder River Pass, 9666 feet.

I sold my winter beater today. Hopefully I have a bead on a better one, for about the same price.
Speaking of evil... Looks to durn cold for me to get out of the truck, so I'm glad you did John! Great pic!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Subliminal
Maybe wash it and take off those goofy steering stabilizers, too.

Oh dang...he said it!

I keed, I keed!
Hahaha! Well what if I paint them silver to match the truck, can I keep them than?
Old 12-15-2010, 12:41 PM

This is dads 90 it's originally a califirnia truck original paint but we are soon to repaint

this is my buddies truck I posted earlier in my dyno videos this is it's normal life haha

Then of coarse here is my 92 p-pump rig again for any that didn't see in my thread.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 PM

Hahaha! Well what if I paint them silver to match the truck, can I keep them than?
If you can explain away the whole band-aid stigma that is attached to them, then yes...as long as you paint them silver.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Subliminal
If you can explain away the whole band-aid stigma that is attached to them, then yes...as long as you paint them silver.
No explanation, that is exactly what they are for at the moment. Will have to wait tell summer when I can reinforce the frame and do cross over steering. Maybe when that's done I won't even paint them, I'll just take them off.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:09 PM

Wooo wooo!

I was kidding though...your truck looks great.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Of course! Trust me no offense was taken!

Quick Reply: 1st gen pics anyone?