1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

1990 D250 to W250

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 09:00 AM

Received 601 Likes on 438 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
I got my kingpins in and ordered a couple Speedi sleeves for the grease seals in the hubs. today I will go see how many of the bearings O'really's has. First order of business next weak I mean week is to get the rusty u-joints out of the axles. So far I cut the one with the bad stub axle out with the torch.

Today I am also going to see if I can figure out the intermittent starting problems my wife's Cherokee is having.
Turned out to be a bad connection on the CPS plug.
Old 05-19-2016, 05:51 PM

Well I started a project that I have been thinking about for a while. Shouldn't be hard to see where its going.
After a bit of measuring.
I cut a piece of 8.25 X5.875 18Ga out and squared it up.
It took me a while to figure out how I was going to make my bends straight. I settled on marking the bend line and using a straight edge to guide a 3'X 1/16" cutoff wheel. I cut along the line leaving 1/2" on each end and in the middle.
I then stuck a short piece of 3" channel in the vice. Now to clamp my 18Ga between a suitable piece of 3/8 X 3" to back up the channel.
It bent pretty easy only needing a little bumping with a body hammer.

it wouldn't bend quite as sharp as I needed but that can be fixed after I weld up the slots. After welding the slots I can cut the offending places(The three "braces" I left) and weld and sand to a better shape.

I decided it do only one bend at a time not knowing how much material the first bend would take up.

So here it is so far
Attached Thumbnails 1990 D250 to W250-dscn0072.jpg   1990 D250 to W250-dscn0074.jpg   1990 D250 to W250-dscn0077.jpg   1990 D250 to W250-dscn0081.jpg   1990 D250 to W250-dscn0082.jpg  

Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 PM

It's been a tough week. my mom died this morning.
Her health was so bad that she is much better off where she is at now. She will be solely missed.

That said some of her last clear words were Get that pickup fixed.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Oh man, Mark, so very sorry to read about your mom! The inevitable and irreversible cycle of life never stops. I lost my mom and dad a few years ago, still miss them like crazy. Occasionally I still look up to the heavens and cry for a little help or insight into my problem of the moment.

Kiss your children and other loved ones, cuddle them close and treasure your time with them.

Regards,

Mike
The following users liked this post:
mknittle (05-26-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 1,334 Likes on 864 Posts
So sorry for your loss Mark....My condolences to you and your family. Been 2 years since my Father passed....Still miss him as well, but I've gotten through most of the rough patches. The old saying is true...."Time heals all wounds."
mknittle (05-26-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 10:23 PM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Mark,

Sorry to hear about your mom leaving you and your loved ones. My mom was in the same situation when she passed in January of 2013. It helped me a lot to write about her, and experience the feelings I had built up inside over the years. I too was happy and sad when she left, as her physical and mental condition had taken it's toll on her and her spirit. I was glad the struggle her body went through was over, but sad because I would never get to see her smile again..

I was with her up until when she died, and then, per her request, I went with the staff to the crematorium as she didn't want to be alone when she entered the oven. I didn't really want to go there, but it was her wish.

I know it sounds macabre, but it was important to her to know that I was with her, even as they rolled her casket into the fire box. She knew, in her heart, that I was there until the very end, and so do I.

We are lucky enough to only have one mother, and I hold all the good memories in my heart, and think of them daily....
mknittle (05-26-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 07:13 AM

Thanks guys, It is something that happens in all of our lives sooner or later.The sad part is her mind was sharp as a tack but her body was failing.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 2,536 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Sorry to hear about you loss, Mark.
It sounds like her last wish to you was a good one.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mike L
Oh man, Mark, so very sorry to read about your mom! The inevitable and irreversible cycle of life never stops. I lost my mom and dad a few years ago, still miss them like crazy. Occasionally I still look up to the heavens and cry for a little help or insight into my problem of the moment.

Kiss your children and other loved ones, cuddle them close and treasure your time with them.

Regards,

Mike
Thanks Mike, I think I will show my wife appreciation more now.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by thrashingcows
So sorry for your loss Mark....My condolences to you and your family. Been 2 years since my Father passed....Still miss him as well, but I've gotten through most of the rough patches. The old saying is true...."Time heals all wounds."
Thanks Brian, Doesn't seem like 2 years man time flies.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Mark,

Sorry to hear about your mom leaving you and your loved ones. My mom was in the same situation when she passed in January of 2013. It helped me a lot to write about her, and experience the feelings I had built up inside over the years. I too was happy and sad when she left, as her physical and mental condition had taken it's toll on her and her spirit. I was glad the struggle her body went through was over, but sad because I would never get to see her smile again..

I was with her up until when she died, and then, per her request, I went with the staff to the crematorium as she didn't want to be alone when she entered the oven. I didn't really want to go there, but it was her wish.

I know it sounds macabre, but it was important to her to know that I was with her, even as they rolled her casket into the fire box. She knew, in her heart, that I was there until the very end, and so do I.

We are lucky enough to only have one mother, and I hold all the good memories in my heart, and think of them daily....
Thanks T-man when it comes down to it all we have is memories, We should try to make as many good ons as we can.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
Sorry to hear about you loss, Mark.
It sounds like her last wish to you was a good one.
Thanks Oliver, She always liked my projects. At one time she was pretty talented. she liked to make things.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:58 AM

Received 1,647 Likes on 1,120 Posts
Originally Posted by mknittle
Thanks T-man when it comes down to it all we have is memories, We should try to make as many good ons as we can.
Funny thing was that my mom and I didn't get along for a good long period of time before she passed. Even though the last 10 years of her life wasn't what I would call "pleasantly memorable", I can honestly say that now, when I do think of her, most of the time it revolves around happier thoughts, and not the negative ones. Before she passed, I thought the opposite would have occurred.

I guess it all depends on how someone finalizes their relationship with that person before they move on.

Hope your family is taking this okay....
Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Funny thing was that my mom and I didn't get along for a good long period of time before she passed. Even though the last 10 years of her life wasn't what I would call "pleasantly memorable", I can honestly say that now, when I do think of her, most of the time it revolves around happier thoughts, and not the negative ones. Before she passed, I thought the opposite would have occurred.

I guess it all depends on how someone finalizes their relationship with that person before they move on.

Hope your family is taking this okay....
I think you are right.

My sister and I are doing the best of the four of us. My wife feels bad that she didn't spend more time with mom but she did cook mom's favorite enchiladas and wantons. my father feels guilty for being mean to her for sooo many years.

Old 05-26-2016, 04:18 PM

Well this morning I got a Speedi sleeve on one spindle then got the spindle bearings in.
I already had the axles ready to go so I put those in followed by the spindles on.

Earlier I ordered tie rod ends and the makings of a drag link. Sunday before last I got the front wheel bearings and seals.

Should keep me busy for a little while.

Quick Reply: 1990 D250 to W250