1st Gen. Ram - All Topics Discussion for all Dodge Rams prior to 1994. This includes engine, drivetrain and non-drivetrain discussions. Anything prior to 1994 should go in here.

12v 2-stroke oil adding question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
KRB

Received 527 Likes on 366 Posts
I've been mixing TC-W3 with Power Service for several years now. I picked up another gray jug at NAPA today and it said it contained extra lubricity for the pump on today's LSDF. I don't remember it saying that before?

Should I just do one or the other, not both? I mix it with white jug in the winter to combat gelling.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by KRB
I've been mixing TC-W3 with Power Service for several years now. I picked up another gray jug at NAPA today and it said it contained extra lubricity for the pump on today's LSDF. I don't remember it saying that before?

Should I just do one or the other, not both? I mix it with white jug in the winter to combat gelling.

HELLO THERE

In summer, I run only the TC-W3; I mix the TC-W3 with white-bottle in winter.

The grey bottle is probably getter at cleaning injectors and such; BUT, for lubricating purposes, I believe the two-cycle TC-W3 is the best stuff available for our purposes.

I am no scientist; but, the "lubricity" ingredients in so-called fuel-treatment consists of various paint-thinners/solvents, stuff that I always thought defeated lubricity, instead of helping it.

If I were making a decision to use only one, it would be the two-cycle for certain.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, at the White bottle , and Grey Bottle stuff. Ha Ha that's country talk right there.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't know anything about the 2 stroke oil ,like i said before.,i think i'll stick to ATF,if it ain't broke don't fix it. I di-f-f ently know i get better fuel milage,. But ,a turttle don't get no where, till he sticks his neck out.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by EatMorePossum
LOL, at the White bottle , and Grey Bottle stuff. Ha Ha that's country talk right there.

Many a poor soul has mistaken the GREY bottle for the WHITE and suffered for it when the mercury dropped, hence the color references; there IS a difference.

Of course, me and KRB are sorta country, too.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:20 PM

Absolutely Bear Killer that makes me smile, I Love Kentucky. I live in Oklahoma now, But I lived in West Virginia til I was 12 and moved here, West Virginia and Kentucky are two of my Favorite states, some fine people up there.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey ,possom, we'r glad your here,we can always use more good folks.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Thanks Whosdunit, glad to be here I like being part of a this forum, and I like fact that the first gen owners are a large majority of country folks with down home kindness , and willingness to help others.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 AM
KRB

EatMorePossum, your truck appears to be the spitting image of mine. Is it an extended cab? Country is good, thanks for the compliment!

Bearkiller - thanks for the clarafication on the summer recipe. I'll save a little money there. Get ready for the big rains this weekend
Old 04-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Let's see if I did this right on my signature, just for you krb.

YaY im no longer a noob....now im a novice
Old 04-30-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by KRB
Bearkiller - Get ready for the big rains this weekend

I'm way ahead of the game; I painted big white Xs on the floor everywhere I need to put a bucket.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 PM

Thanks Whosdunit, glad to be here I like being part of a this forum, and I like fact that the first gen owners are a large majority of country folks with down home kindness , and willingness to help others.
Thats definatly the truth!!! I'm also a member on a couple Dmax forums (yes I own a Dmax and love it) but the quality of guys and knoledge is greatly lacking over there. The first gen crowd are a much better kinda people IMO. More modest and willing to help/listen, without being disrespectful. Cant hardly start a thread on a Dmax forum without some punk getting rude for no reason.

As for 2 stroke, I buy the gallon bottles of TCW-3 at wal-mart for $10 and it lasts me 4 fill-ups. Each fill-up is just over 90 gallons and 2k miles of driving. The truck runs much quieter and smoother with the 2 cycle and I gain about 1-1.5mpg. So $10 every 8,000 miles for a smoother running truck and 1-1.5 better mpg is worth it to me.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:25 PM

Hmm I wonder if the pennzoil tcw3 oil is any good, that is all I could find at both walmarts in my location. I might have to personally ask them to order some just for me.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM

Hmm I wonder if the pennzoil tcw3 oil is any good, that is all I could find at both walmarts in my location. I might have to personally ask them to order some just for me.

Pennzoil is fine; Walmart brand is just as good and about three-bucks/gallon cheaper.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 AM
KRB

Pennzoil is what I've been using.

OT - Today was the first day I've been able to ditch the canoe and drive to work! 17' of Ky River on our road all week.

Quick Reply: 12v 2-stroke oil adding question