3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

New Silent Fass Pumps!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Silent Fass Pumps!

The old pump I had is really loud, well FASS hooked me up with a new pump with a NEW silent motor. I cant even tell this thing is there! I know some people say the FASS pumps were loud, all I have to say is check out the difference.

NEW FASS
http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video...9300c7bf68.htm

OLD FASS
http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video...9d0161c7fc.htm

The new pump is even quieter with some fuel in the tank. Both videos are of a FASS HPFP 150. Let me know what ya think.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:15 PM

I dont mind that hellacious racket screaming from under my truck. Makes the other passengers in the truck think there is an electric fork lift under the bed. Sometimes I have to look under there and check for myself. I suppose I when I heard other people complaining about it bein loud I thought they were exagerating just like they do on the silencer ring. But no it is really loud all the time. What do the new ones run anyway?
Old 12-31-2006, 03:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it just me,,,or do you have the title's backward's. The second one sound's quieter to me.

If ya don't mind me asking, what did they charge you. I hate mine because it's so loud.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Ramer Jamer
Is it just me,,,or do you have the title's backward's. The second one sound's quieter to me.

If ya don't mind me asking, what did they charge you. I hate mine because it's so loud.
I'm confused also. One video is inside a garage, one is out in the open. Not a fair test IMHO.

Why are you mounting it in the bed of the truck?
Old 12-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Banned

The links are backwards....

and I can still hear it too.

but its an improvement, FOR SURE! I just might know from first hand experience.......
Old 12-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I missing something here?

We have trucks that most folks like to hear the loud engine clatter, remove the silencer ring so the turbo will howl more and be louder, add after market mufflers and exhaust so they will be louder, straight pipe them so they will be even more loud, add stacks so they can hear the loud ever better......and then complain because a great fuel pump whines a little.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

After hearing it first hand I can attest to that thing being insanely loud. Granted having it mounted to the bed doesn't help cause it resonates the frequency's and makes it that much louder.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:09 PM

FWIW - I have always thought my FASS was pretty darn loud too. It would be nice if they could quiet it down some.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:49 PM

Never heard one first hand before, dang thats loud, the new one doesnt seem THAT much quieter either....
Maybe its just me.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the FASS II rubber mounted up in the driver's side rear wheel housing. I can't hear it over the truck, inside or out. I think it's all how you mount it.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:33 PM

can't hear my 95gph fass with the engine running inside and barely on the outside. if you didn't know it was there you'd never hear
Old 01-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT
The old pump I had is really loud, well FASS hooked me up with a new pump with a NEW silent motor. I cant even tell this thing is there! I know some people say the FASS pumps were loud, all I have to say is check out the difference.

NEW FASS
http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video...9300c7bf68.htm

OLD FASS
http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video...9d0161c7fc.htm

The new pump is even quieter with some fuel in the tank. Both videos are of a FASS HPFP 150. Let me know what ya think.
Yeah my bad the titles are opposit

I have another video of both of them outside..... in the same place....recorded the same way.....about 15 minuts apart

I mounted it in the bed becuase I liked the way it looked and to keep it away from mud, rocks, and whatever else I run over.

I with you on not buying this truck to be quiet, but my girlfreind hated it so ,that was that....

You would never know it was installed if was on the frame, but I like it the way it is..... different

Thanks for the replys gentelmen and have a good New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:28 PM

So what did they charge you for the new pump.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bad Ramer Jamer
So what did they charge you for the new pump.
We updated a wear plate in the pump (Machined slightly different) and we found this dropped db's up to 10 on some loud pumps. The good thing is this update is backwards compatible to the very first FASS that was made. We are still hashing out details on a update program that will give everyone that has a loud pump a chance to get this new plate. I should have something posted this week on it……was going to be last…but things got real hectic around here (I got sick for 2 days….. )
Old 01-02-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
We updated a ware plate in the pump (Machined slightly different) and we found this dropped db's up to 10 on some loud pumps. The good thing is this update is backwards compatible to the very first FASS that was made. We are still hashing out details on a update program that will give everyone that has a loud pump a chance to get this new plate. I should have something posted this week on it……was going to be last…but things got real hectic around here (I got sick for 2 days….. )
Hey thank's for the update Dan. I'm looking forward to the new part.

Quick Reply: New Silent Fass Pumps!