12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Timing help in the Nashville, TN area???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah id like to know where they are to,that sounds good.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:07 AM
DRM

Originally posted by Got Smoke?
Well I've kept an eye on this thread to see if anyone would be able to assist you, so now I'm gonna throw out a name to save you some hassel.

Dixie Diesel which I "think" is close to Murfresborro does it for like $75 which is very decently priced. I can't remember exactly where they are but they are relatively close. I'll call a buddy of mine in the morning and find out exactly where they are.
Dixie Diesel is in Columbia, TN - about 20 minutes from my house

I stopped by there a few months ago, and asked about timing. Now maybe I asked the wrong question (I was not specific) but the guy started my truck, listened to it, then said the timing was fine. Go figure

Maybe I will give them a call again this week and ask specifically about setting the timing to XX* and see what they say this time.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:09 PM

Originally posted by DRM
Dixie Diesel is in Columbia, TN - about 20 minutes from my house

I stopped by there a few months ago, and asked about timing. Now maybe I asked the wrong question (I was not specific) but the guy started my truck, listened to it, then said the timing was fine. Go figure

Maybe I will give them a call again this week and ask specifically about setting the timing to XX* and see what they say this time.
If the timing has never been set on your truck in the 2XX,XXX miles its been ran then it HAS slipped some don't let anyone tell you differently. My first 97 CTD we we're going to set the timing on it factory was 12.5 I believe well it had slipped down to 10 or 11* in just 143K miles. My truck still sounded the same though with the slipped timing and 16* but I picked up 1.5mpg!

Don't let them talk you out of it. Tell them you want the timing set @ 16* BTDC. Also throw out the name Wade Patton and see if it rings any bells. That's the buddy of mine who does business with them and says they are good.

Get the timing done, you won't regret it.