12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

stearing box

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stearing box

the shaft that connects to the pitman arm has slop when the stearing wheel is turned from side to side, who makes the best? where do i get it? how much?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:52 AM

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/
Old 09-26-2006, 09:08 AM

check out the DSS steering stabilizer too
Old 09-29-2006, 11:24 AM

Steering Box

I had that problem & wrote to an OFF road site--Mopar has two Kits--one for the steering shaft & a re-infocement Steel plate--that goes behind the steering box both about $20.00 bucks I got Both! installed the Shaft Kit--but I haven*t installed the steel plate yet--the shaft kit stopped my Dodge from Wondering on the road--the steel plate helps re-infoce the steering box area! as the OFF Road Guys have those Huge Tires! & they make a lot of Pressure on the steering box! & where I plow w/ Mine I figured?? installing the Plate on Mine would Help? when My plow is UP w/ all that added weight on the Steering! & in checking the steering Box bolts? I*LL need longer bolts to install the Plate! as the Plates pretty Thick a 1/4 inch or a bit thicker? a Stamped Piece! really Rugged! --Ole JIM--
Old 10-01-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ole JIM
I had that problem & wrote to an OFF road site--Mopar has two Kits--one for the steering shaft & a re-infocement Steel plate--that goes behind the steering box both about $20.00 bucks I got Both! installed the Shaft Kit--but I haven*t installed the steel plate yet--the shaft kit stopped my Dodge from Wondering on the road--the steel plate helps re-infoce the steering box area! as the OFF Road Guys have those Huge Tires! & they make a lot of Pressure on the steering box! & where I plow w/ Mine I figured?? installing the Plate on Mine would Help? when My plow is UP w/ all that added weight on the Steering! & in checking the steering Box bolts? I*LL need longer bolts to install the Plate! as the Plates pretty Thick a 1/4 inch or a bit thicker? a Stamped Piece! really Rugged! --Ole JIM--

Tell us more about the shaft kit.

Where you found it, and the install.

I've had my truck aligned and installed the DSS as well as a new trak bar. The guys at the alignment shop, tell me there are no apparent problems with any of the steering components under the truck. My truck just tracks a little to the left, then I put it straight and it starts to track to the right-not a real pull-just a wander of sorts. It's this back and forth effort that is driving me mad.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a MOPAR part number for those plates and other kit? My frame is already cracking from hanging front weights and sledpulling