12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

Please Help, engine troubles [timing issuses]

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10-4 thanks, i sure thought it was odd to see boost pressures that high. I have not touched the adj. rod and spoke w/ Dave the day it shipped, he said he had just built it and set the WG himself at 45lbs. If your so overfueled can the pressures still go over WG settings that much and hold there? I suppose shortening the rod will lower the press. i will also give that a try. I had no intention to ever run over 50lbs. Dave said it will make killer power at 45-50. I almost wished now i would have gone with the 0-100 gauge just so i could know where it went, I suppose if i dont get some DV to try right away i will give the WG rod a few turns and move the AFC all the way back and see what that does for temps- im pretty sure what it will do for power but i have to learn how to get a handle on the temps first. Play later
Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 PM

i had my pyro mess up on my truck i installed it and it runs normal around 300 idling and crusin up around 600 but if u give it any throttle at all it would peg the gauge in about 5 seconds. ats snt me a new probe and its fine now
Old 04-14-2008, 12:52 PM

Boy that would have been nice, but not in this case this sucker is really getting that hot. It turned my nice new HTT stainless turbine housing and 6" stack completely gold in color from a really nice chrome! Has others had thier housings turn gold and stay that way from heat? Since then ive plumbed a nitrous and a Snow kit on the truck and also bought a set of 181's from another member {Forrest Nearing} i am waiting on them now. I plan to swap the 179's thats now in it for the 181's and try it, if my cooling issue is fine i will go back to the HOT full cuts and see if thiers any power left on the table? Im saying thier will be- but i dont know. The big deal now is convertor. I bew the other one up right here at the shop, never even made it to the track! Thier trying to see if JW makes a Ultra bell that will accept a larger convertor than the UB that i have now on the Glide. Thier thinking the 13" from a GM allision will fit the bill? Who knows, i just hope they get it fiqured out soon im ready to play! ~Ryan~
Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by stock600
Boy that would have been nice, but not in this case this sucker is really getting that hot. It turned my nice new HTT stainless turbine housing and 6" stack completely gold in color from a really nice chrome! Has others had thier housings turn gold and stay that way from heat? Since then ive plumbed a nitrous and a Snow kit on the truck and also bought a set of 181's from another member {Forrest Nearing} i am waiting on them now. I plan to swap the 179's thats now in it for the 181's and try it, if my cooling issue is fine i will go back to the HOT full cuts and see if thiers any power left on the table? Im saying thier will be- but i dont know. The big deal now is convertor. I bew the other one up right here at the shop, never even made it to the track! Thier trying to see if JW makes a Ultra bell that will accept a larger convertor than the UB that i have now on the Glide. Thier thinking the 13" from a GM allision will fit the bill? Who knows, i just hope they get it fiqured out soon im ready to play! ~Ryan~
----------------------------------------------------
Ryan:

Are you still getting hot when the Snow Water System is on??

Thanks.

----------
John_P
Old 04-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Not sure yet John, its still on the rack with the tranny pulled. I did get it all installed yesterday though. Really nice kit and all installed very str8 forward. On the fogger nozzle i put a #24 jet in the chamber and a #32 on the other side with a #3 cap. I'll see what a 24 will do if i want more then try the 32. Didnt you say you run a 52 and it give you like 80hp or so? If so this should be pretty conservitive. Thanks Ryan
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by stock600
Not sure yet John, its still on the rack with the tranny pulled. I did get it all installed yesterday though. Really nice kit and all installed very str8 forward. On the fogger nozzle i put a #24 jet in the chamber and a #32 on the other side with a #3 cap. I'll see what a 24 will do if i want more then try the 32. Didnt you say you run a 52 and it give you like 80hp or so? If so this should be pretty conservitive. Thanks Ryan
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan:

Thanks for your reply buddy!

I forgot you were working on that tranny.

Sounds like everything is coming together good for you though. Yes, Ryan, I have a .52 jet in my "Nitrous Express System" and am running just a single nozzle with a single NX .93 Solenoid and it gives me almost 80 H.P. to the wheels on the dyno.

Keep us posted on how everything goes once you that tranny back in.

--------
John_P