12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

JUST PURCHASED MY 1st CTD YEA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking JUST PURCHASED MY 1st CTD YEA!

Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for such a great site. I have been reading for monts and asking questions for several weeks and have rejected several trucks due mostly to you guys input. I am the PROUD owner of a 1997 SLT LARAMIE EXT CAB 4X4 LONG BED LEATHER AUTO ( I wanted the auto tired of shifting and do not do much heavy pulling) WITH 79KMILES. I took it to two different dealers and had it checked out I also hooked the car trailer and loaded a big ford 4x4 on it and drug it around all day yeaterday b-4 I purchased it and pulled it to one of the dealers here locally and let them drive it with the load and they said it was in great shape (except for needed a front track bar ball joint). Well just wanted to see if I can join the club now that I have a CTD I can even put a yellow stripe on my rear bumper Thanks again to all who have taken time to answer my rookie questions your the best!! NOW, What should I do to it first after the KDP is addressed and I change the trans fluid, what type of fluid should I run ?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:41 PM

Congrats on the new beast!! When i got mine i just went around and started checking or replacing things that were maintance items. Air filter, belt, oil and filter, checked spare tire, checked or replaced fluids, inspect for leaks and diagnose, check and/or adjust R brake shoes and F pads, ETC.... From what ive read online for the past years these are must do's in my mind: Change oil and filter, Coolant flush, Air Filter. Just go ahead and do those. Easy and cheap insurance for that bad machine under your hood. Lots of other stuff to do as well, others will probly chime in with more tips. Go ahead and get some guages. EGT, Boost, Tranny Temp, Fuel Press. (listed in priority). Most go with the top 3.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:08 PM

Condgradulations on the new to you truck, my first recommendation is the cheap haynes manual and or the $75 chrysler manual shipped to your door from www.techauthority.com they will be worth their weight in help to you. Change all the fluids as stated above and enjoy. Goodluck,,,Rick
Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 PM

Big Ben, your truck is stock? Be careful, you hang around here too long and you might find out what that truck is capable of .