12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

HELP 911 911!!! 47RH exploded view and corresponding parts list

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP 911 911!!! 47RH exploded view and corresponding parts list

Save me before I drive to a dealer or modder and get arrested there. I have a blown tranny, it's a 47rh. I've repeatedly called and asked for an exploded view ans corresponding parts list. I've called the dealers, I've called the performance shops, and called the top 3 trans guys on these sites. So far I've been able to get an exploded view of the 47rh. But everyone of them has had some stupid excuse on why they "don't" have the parts list that goes with the #'s on the exploded view.
Why can't I get the list. I've told them I'd most certainly buy their parts. I just want to know the names of the parts I'm ordering and want to be sure that I order the parts pictured. How hard is that? I even bought the book from ATSG and it too doesn't have all the parts named or listed. One of the top two trans guys isn't getting my business because of their lame manure. Has anyone dealt with the g guys? and had this problem? Or am I the only one? All I want is to fix my truck. I have to drive a severely underpowered nissan pathfinder right now.
Can anyone send me the list or a link to a list or something. The cash is sitting and the truck is sitting. I desperately need my truck it's been down since April 4th.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:41 PM

I just finished completely rebuilding and upgrading my 47rh and have to tell you that with this tranny it isn't as easy as looking at an exploded view with part numbers and ordering. Alot of the parts I ordered from Dodge had been superseeded to new #s. I have a really good parts counter guy I deal with and it was still a pain in the butt. I also ordered a good many parts from PATC.What is it your looking for? I may have some part #s on my receipts.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:03 PM

Try this...............
http://www.transtarindustries.com/ca...444&strIDS=444

You want the A518/618 catalog
Old 06-01-2008, 07:11 AM

Guess I didn't look hard enough.Thanks CTDnewbie.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:31 AM

Hey, thanks guys. This will help a lot. Now I just have to get a hold of the Suncoast guy to order what I want from them. That's gonna take a bit of thinking and reading but It's better than what the brothers sent me.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:44 AM

This may be the 1st time I have heard from you so , it makes sense that with as many people as I have read from the brothers , that you may be jumping off a little quick , maybe caught them at a bad time .
If you take a few deep breaths , and just try to talk with them , I would bet that things would work out .
I read much more on the neg side of most others , that I would try not to burn the best bridge you have .
Some times your supplier is in the middle of you & some / something els , I've found that there are issues with getting info which seems like if it way easily avalable , would make things better for everyone , but sometimes theres behind the seen's things going on .

CTDnewbie , thanks for the link .
Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM

No problem. I rebuilt my trans last summer with the help of that site and a few others. If you get stuck drop me a line and I will try to help out. It was my first time rebuilding one but it went pretty well and I havent had any issues in the past year.