12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

DTT Torque Converters on sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DTT Torque Converters on sale - Should I get one??

I am need of a new TC as mine is starting to slip (shudder) when I am powering up around 40-45 mph. If I back off the throttle a little, it smooths right out. My truck has been babied and only has 106K on it.

In speaking with DTT, they are sure my only issue is the TC and not a tranny problem. Full of the right fluid, clean filter, not discolored or burnt smelling. No mods other than the signature.

This seems to be a good TC with a lifetime warranty. Any advice to go with some other maker? Your thoughts are appreciated as I need to get on this right away before I start pulling my trailer around and this is a pretty good price from what I have found.

http://www.dieseltrans.com/dodge/torque_convertor.html
Old 02-04-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I have over 130k on my DTT trans and TC. Been happy with it. However I have no experience with anyone elses except the stock one. When I did mine they did not offer the particular TC you are looking at so I cant really comment on it but as far as DTT goes they are tops in my book. Have helped me with other things over the years aside from the trans, their customer service has been great for me.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L.O.L. I am surprised that DTT is selling a tripple disc converter. The last time I looked into trans stuff was about 6 years ago. At that time DTT was dead set against tripple disc converters. They swore that they would not last or work as well as their converter they offered at the time. I got a Georend brothers trans with the tripple disc converter at that time. I have had no problems with my choice. DTT is a good co. and they must have had a hard time eating crow. I am sure that it is a good TC. That price is about what I paid for my TC 6 years ago so I would say it is a decent price. I am also surprised that they said it just needs a TC. In my experience when the tc slips it lets clutch particals into the trans oil and will damage the rest of the trans. in a short time. If you do it I would strongly suggest a good flush including the cooler. I think you will have problems latter myself. DTT and many others used to say that if it has slipped it is too late to save the rest. The best was to change the TC and VB before there were problems.