12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

bombing starts tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bombing starts tomorrow

Well tomorrow I'll finally get around to adding the TST #6 plate to my CTD...A friend of mine ( who is a CTD mechanic ) is coming over and we are going to do it...Does anyone know what kind of mileage I will get? Right now I get around 19 on the Highway and about 14 around town, depending on how heavy my foot gets. Anyway I've had the parts for over a month and really looking forward to this... Been montoring the site for awhile and really have gotten alot of good info from it...<br><br>Thankx....Fred
Old 11-02-2002, 06:09 AM

Re:bombing starts tomorrow

Fred:<br> The milage maker is hooked onto the ankle of the right leg. ;D If you activate it often, bad. Use it gently and the results are better. After I installed the injectors and plate, with a few other adjustments, mine dropped about 2-3 MPG. And thats at 70 on the highway. I think a lot of it is in the way a person drives.<br><br>..Preston..
Old 11-02-2002, 08:24 AM

My truck is pretty heavily fueled, big injectors, #8 plate, 191 delivery valves, and I get 20 mpg.<br>Michael
Old 11-04-2002, 06:55 AM

Fred,<br> When I put the 5 plate in, if I kept my foot out of it, my mileage would go up about 1 mpg across the board. Heavy towing went up about 1/4 mpg. but the temps went too high for me. <br><br>Bill
Old 11-08-2002, 10:26 AM

8) Been gone all week on the road ( truck driver ) We finished the plate upgrade last Sat. Took it out and it was like a whole different truck. ;D Put my foot into it a couple of times. EGT's staying around the same at 75mph (550-600). Boost goes to 25 under full throttle. Only smoke is when I really floor it on takeoff, just puffs out black smoke and clears right up. ;D Now all I have to do is hook up my TT and see how it pulls the hills. Can't do it this weekend. The weather here is really crappy. Our first major storm. I know one thing...I'm going to have to be careful, this is too much fun...... After we got the plate in and were test driving it I blew by a CHP (Highway Patrol)...I wasn't going that fast (75) but with straight exhaust and tinted windows in CA is a no-no. I'll just consider myself lucky....... 8)<br>Anyway, love this site.....more info than any shop manual can give.....Everyone have a nice weekend....All you vets have a nice Veterans Day.<br><br>Fred