12 Valve Engine and Drivetrain Talk about the 12V engine and drivetrain here. This is for 1994-1998.5 engine and drivetrain discussion only.

anyone using water meth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone using water meth?

I want to put a water methanol kit on my truck, what is the best kit for a 12 valve? I dont want one that comes on at high boost cuz thats not when my truck runs high E.G.T. the temps are toasty at 10 psi. pulling hills. is there a kit that can be turned on with a switch or button?
Old 03-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by somis13
I want to put a water methanol kit on my truck, what is the best kit for a 12 valve? I dont want one that comes on at high boost cuz thats not when my truck runs high E.G.T. the temps are toasty at 10 psi. pulling hills. is there a kit that can be turned on with a switch or button?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
somis:

I am running a "Scheid Water Injection System" in my 1996 Dodge CTD 12 valve, but it is probably "overkill" for what you are looking for. Before I got this system, I had a "Snow Water Injection System" and it worked well before I got up real high in H.P. and TQ. There are many Members here that have the water systems on their trucks and hopefully they will post here for you.

Some of the other name brand systems are:

Coolingmist Water Injection
Painless Water Injection Systems
DevilsOwn Water Injection System

I would suggest taking a look at our "banner advertisers" at the top of the page for more info or go take a look in the DTR Store also.

---------
John_P
Old 03-01-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am running a devilsown kit and it cools great but my truck is a cr so the timing is variable. Like John_P said, Snow is good but I like Devilsown due to the in cab adjustablty. I am running big nozzles so 10 psi does not work for me I have the pump start at 17 psi and full on at 35 psi. you can get kit that use hobbs switches set at any psi. get a kit and play with nozzles sizes to see what helps you the best.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rpainter
I am running a devilsown kit and it cools great but my truck is a cr so the timing is variable. Like John_P said, Snow is good but I like Devilsown due to the in cab adjustablty. I am running big nozzles so 10 psi does not work for me I have the pump start at 17 psi and full on at 35 psi. you can get kit that use hobbs switches set at any psi. get a kit and play with nozzles sizes to see what helps you the best.
Does you water injection help your milage at all as well as reduce your egt's? My egt's while pulling are very controlable and very seldome do I have egt issues but I sure would like to see 1 or 2 mpg more while pulling. I get 11 now with a 12k 5er. Im not saying thats bad milage but since the water adds hp it might give me a little more mpg.